SONY model ICF-780L 3 Waveband ( 10 X 5.1 X 2.5″ / 255 x 129 x 62.6mm )The Sony ICF-860L was introduced in the early 1990’s. It has attractive styling and is housed in a black colored plastic body with smooth rounded edges and has good quality performance as you would expect from a top brand like Sony. It is a 3 waveband mains/battery portable receiver covering the Medium, Long and the Full 88-108 Mhz FM/VHF bands .
SONY ICF 780L (1991)
- Manufacturer / Brand: Sony Corporation; Tokyo
- Category: Broadcast Receiver – or past WW2 Tuner
- Year: 1991
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455/10700 kHz
- Broadcast, Long Wave and FM or UHF.
- Line / Batteries (any type) / 220 (AEP model); 240 (UK model) / 4 x 1.5 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 10 cm = 3.9 inch
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains
- 255 x 129 x 62.6 mm / 10 x 5.1 x 2.5 inch
- 0.965 kg / 2 lb 2 oz (2.126 lb)
- Modern plastics (no Bakelite or Catalin)