1970s Roberts R606-MB Portable Radio Three Waveband MW/LW/FM. In very good cosmetic condition, with a few small blemishes on the teak sides. The chrome grille, volume and tuning dials have some surface scuffs; the push buttons are in very good condition. This would make a great vintage radio for a seaside cottage or any room.
ROBERTS R606MB (1970)
ROBERTS R606MB (1970) VINTAGE RADIO
- COUNTRY: Great Britain (UK),
- MANUFACTURER / BRAND: Roberts Radio Co.Ltd., East Molesey, Surrey, UK
- YEAR: 1970–1984, CATEGORY: Broadcast Receiver
- SEMICONDUCTORS: 13: BF194 BF195 BF195 BF195 BF194
- BC149 BC149 BC158 BC158 BC465 BC464 BD131 BC148
- MAIN PRINCIPLE: Super-Heterodyne ZF/IF 470/10700 kHz
- WAVE BANDS bands Broadcast, Long Wave and FM or UHF
- POWER: Type, voltage Line / Batteries / 240 / C: 6 x 1.5 Volt
- LOUDSPEAKER: Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn)
- Loudspeaker 7 inch POWER OUT 1.2 W
- MODEL: R606MB – Roberts Radio Co.Ltd., East
- MATERIAL: Leather / canvas / plastic – over other material
- SHAPE: Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- DIMENSIONS: (WHD) 318 x 210 x 89 mm / 12.5 x 8.3 x 3.5 inch
- A mains/battery AM/FM portable VHF (87.5 – 104.5 MHz),
- MW (525 – 1630 kHz) and LW (150 – 265 kHz).
- Wooden cabinet with teak end panels,
- Leather cloth covered back and round the black
- Silver grille on the front, and chrome trim.
- Push button waveband switching,
- Separate bass and treble tone controls.
- Bakelite turntable underneath.
- Sockets for FM external aerial, earphone and AC mains supply.
- Elliptical loudspeaker 7 x 4 inch.
- NET WEIGHT: (2.2 lb = 1 kg) 2 kg / 4 lb 6.5 oz (4.405 lb)